Saturday, February 27, 2010

One day and counting!

OK, I know this sounds unAmerican, but I can't wait for the Olympics to end! Really, two weeks, is that necessary?
I used to like watching them, could not wait for Opening Ceremony, certain events, Closing Ceremony, but now, PLEEESE stop.
I don't know why this happened.
I even watched them faithfully after the Munich Tragedy in 1972 where 11 Olympians/Coaches were killed by terrorists. That broke my heart, I was home taking care of my little guy, just 18 months old, a happy time and this happened. The world of sports was changed forever. It seemed until then that no one could violate the trust and sanctity of a sports venue. Parents send their children off thinking that they will be accomplishing their lifetime goals, and instead they are brutally murdered. I could not imagine the grief they felt, and being a new parent, this is what stuck with me.
Wow, where did that come from? I was just going to whine about the Olympics being too long, and being in the minority by not being glued to them.
Well, now I am sorry for complaining, please ignore this crabby old lady-ENJOY the games and spirit of competition.

2 comments:

Margaret Hall said...

Wow! Someone that was on the same "wavelength" as me~!! I am not a Winter Olympic fan..Oh, sometimes the Summer ones pull me in, but the Winter ones are BORING~!! Thanks for your rant!

sally said...

Like minds!