Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Save for Thanksgiving time recipe...

I am really thinking fall today.  I  decided to make up something different for dessert.  When I make cranberry relish, I usually cook cranberries, or grind them.  Then I add sugar (as little as possible, but you do need some), either chopped up whole oranges or drained Mandarin oranges and if no one is allergic, chopped up walnuts.
Today, I thought I would use these flavors and made this:


CRANBERRY RELISH CAKE


1 pkg. Yellow cake mix

3 eggs

½ cup milk


Mix all above with fork in large bowl until crumbs all moist.

Add 1 can WHOLEberry cranberry sauce-break up with fork as you mix it into batter. Add 1 large can well drained Mandarin oranges, 1 cup walnuts- chopped roughly. Use spatula to mix well.

Pour into sprayed 13x9 pan, bake in preheated 350 degrees oven 35-40 minutes, check center with toothpick at 35 minutes.

Cool, serve with vanilla ice cream, or top with powered sugar if desired.

Hope you like it, we all did. And let me be the first to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!
I am the first right?

1 comment:

DIANA JANECZKO said...

Right! I am going to try his recipe. It sounds yummy!