Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Pumpkin Passions


So listen, is there anything better than Pumpkin? Pumpkin coffee, pies, latte, doughnuts, muffins, soup, candles, it's everywhere, it's everywhere!

From my picture you can see that my SH is a thin guy, me: not so much. Every time I am out of the house, I call to see how he is and "Do you need anything", he quietly asks if I could pick up a few pumpkin muffins or doughnuts. Of course I will do anything he asks of me, he requests so little, and he is so polite (I love good manners). I stop at Tim Hortons (we call it Timmy Hos), or if needed at Dunkin' Donuts and order 4 pumpkin muffins and a pumpkin latte or coffee for me. Since I don't use sweetener anymore of any kind in my coffee, I think the pumpkin flavoring at Timmy Hos is really horrible. The pumpkin latte that Dunkin' sells must have a ton of sugar-it is reaaaally good.

The Kwik Fill Gas Station near my house sells pumpkin flavored coffee-right in the coffee grounds, Green Mountain brand I think. It is delightful, I am taking a deep breath right now just thinking about it. I even whined one time about wanting to buy some, so the owner (who knows me) allowed me to purchase three bags of grounds-I gave two bags away, and now I am hoarding my stash, a little bit added to regular coffee now and then for SS and me. SH does not drink coffee.

This pumpkin product plethora is temporary, and with all things that are good, it is always nice to have something to look forward to. (How do you not end that sentence in a preposition?)

p.s. Sometimes a muffin top has a piece missing by the time I drive home-it must be the bumps in the road that knock it off and clear out of the car. Are you buying that? My SH just smiles when he opens the box.

No comments: